Our objective was to investigate brain MR imaging findings and the utility of diffusion-weighted (DW) imaging in organ transplant patients who developed neurologic symptoms during tacrolimus therapy. Brain MR studies, including DW imaging, were prospectively performed in 14 organ transplant patients receiving tacrolimus who developed neurologic complications. In each patient who had abnormalities on the initial MR study, a follow-up MR study was performed 1 month later. Apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) values on the initial MR study were correlated with reversibility of the lesions. Of the 14 patients, 5 (35.7%) had white matter abnormalities, 1 (7.1%) had putaminal hemorrhage, and 8 (57.1%) had normal findings on initial MR images. Among the 5 patients with white matter abnormalities, 4 patients (80.0%) showed higher than normal ADC values on initial MR images, and all showed complete resolution on follow-up images. The remaining 1 patient (20.0%) showed lower than normal ADC value and showed incomplete resolution with cortical laminar necrosis. Diffusion-weighted imaging may be useful in predicting the outcomes of the lesions of tacrolimus-induced neurotoxicity.