Skip to main page content
Access keys NCBI Homepage MyNCBI Homepage Main Content Main Navigation
. 2006 Oct;9(5):637-41.
doi: 10.1375/183242706778553408.

Nonadditive Genetic Effects on Hostility in South Korean Adolescent and Young Adult Twins

Affiliations

Nonadditive Genetic Effects on Hostility in South Korean Adolescent and Young Adult Twins

Yoon-Mi Hur. Twin Res Hum Genet. .

Abstract

Hostility has been shown to be a vulnerability marker for various health problems. The present study examined genetic and environmental contributions to individual differences in hostility in South Korean adolescent and young adult twins. Seven hundred and nineteen same- and opposite-sex twin pairs aged from 13 to 23 years completed a hostility scale. The scalar sex-limitation model was applied to the data. The best fitting model indicated that 34% of the total variation of hostility was attributable to genetic factors operating in a nonadditive manner. The remaining 66% of the variance was associated with nonshared environmental influences and measurement error. These findings were largely consistent with results from previous twin studies of personality based on Caucasian twins, rendering support for the pervasive influence of genetic nonadditivity on human personality traits and the generalization of the heritability of personality across human populations.

Similar articles

See all similar articles

Cited by 4 articles

Publication types

LinkOut - more resources

Feedback