Skip to main page content
Access keys NCBI Homepage MyNCBI Homepage Main Content Main Navigation
. 1991 Feb;9(2):243-6.
doi: 10.1200/JCO.1991.9.2.243.

Pentostatin Induces Durable Remissions in Hairy Cell Leukemia

Affiliations

Pentostatin Induces Durable Remissions in Hairy Cell Leukemia

P A Cassileth et al. J Clin Oncol. .

Abstract

Fifty patients with hairy cell leukemia were treated with pentostatin (2'-deoxycoformycin; dCF) for a median of 3 months; 32 (64%) patients achieved complete remission (CR), and 10 (20%) patients achieved partial remission (PR), for an overall response rate of 84%. After reaching maximal response, no maintenance therapy was administered. The median duration of follow-up is now 39 months, and only four of 32 patients in CR and two of 10 patients in PR have relapsed. dCF therapy produces durable long-term, disease-free survival in patients with hairy cell leukemia.

Similar articles

See all similar articles

Cited by 5 articles

Publication types

LinkOut - more resources

Feedback