Introduction: The 2019 Coffey-Holden Prostate Cancer Academy (CHPCA) Meeting, "Prostate Cancer Research: The Next Generation," was held 20 to 23 June, 2019, in Los Angeles, California.
Methods: The CHPCA Meeting is an annual conference held by the Prostate Cancer Foundation, that is uniquely structured to stimulate intense discussion surrounding topics most critical to accelerating prostate cancer research and the discovery of new life-extending treatments for patients. The 7th Annual CHPCA Meeting was attended by 86 investigators and concentrated on many of the most promising new treatment opportunities and next-generation research technologies.
Results: The topics of focus at the meeting included: new treatment strategies and novel agents for targeted therapies and precision medicine, new treatment strategies that may synergize with checkpoint immunotherapy, next-generation technologies that visualize tumor microenvironment (TME) and molecular pathology in situ, multi-omics and tumor heterogeneity using single cells, 3D and TME models, and the role of extracellular vesicles in cancer and their potential as biomarkers.
Discussion: This meeting report provides a comprehensive summary of the talks and discussions held at the 2019 CHPCA Meeting, for the purpose of globally disseminating this knowledge and ultimately accelerating new treatments and diagnostics for patients with prostate cancer.
Keywords: artificial intelligence; cancer immunotherapy; precision medicine; therapeutics; tumor genomics.
© 2019 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Tumor Cell Heterogeneity and Resistance; Report From the 2018 Coffey-Holden Prostate Cancer Academy MeetingAK Miyahira et al. Prostate 79 (3), 244-258. PMID 30381857. - ReviewThe meeting focused on topics including: recognition of tumor heterogeneity, molecular drivers of heterogeneity, the role of the tumor microenvironment, the role of heter …
Beyond Seed and Soil: Understanding and Targeting Metastatic Prostate Cancer; Report From the 2016 Coffey-Holden Prostate Cancer Academy MeetingAK Miyahira et al. Prostate 77 (2), 123-144. PMID 27679977. - ReviewThe major topics of discussion included: the molecular landscape and molecular heterogeneity of metastatic prostate cancer, the role of the metastatic microenvironment, o …
Beyond the Androgen Receptor II: New Approaches to Understanding and Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer; Report From the 2017 Coffey-Holden Prostate Cancer Academy MeetingAK Miyahira et al. Prostate 77 (15), 1478-1488. PMID 28925066. - ReviewThe discussions at the meeting were concentrated on topics areas including: mechanisms and therapeutic approaches for molecular subclasses of castrate resistant prostate …
Beyond Immune Checkpoint Blockade: New Approaches to Targeting Host-Tumor Interactions in Prostate Cancer: Report From the 2014 Coffey-Holden Prostate Cancer Academy MeetingAK Miyahira et al. Prostate 75 (4), 337-47. PMID 25358693. - ReviewThe questions addressed at the meeting included: mechanisms underlying the successes and failures of prostate cancer immunotherapies, how to trigger an effective immune r …
Multidisciplinary Intervention of Early, Lethal Metastatic Prostate Cancer: Report From the 2015 Coffey-Holden Prostate Cancer Academy MeetingAK Miyahira et al. Prostate 76 (2), 125-39. PMID 26477609. - ReviewThe questions addressed at the meeting included: cellular and molecular mechanisms of tumorigenesis, evaluating, and targeting the microenvironment in the primary tumor, …
- Pienta KJ, Walia G, Simons JW, Soule HR. Beyond the androgen receptor: new approaches to treating metastatic prostate cancer. Report of the 2013 Prouts Neck Prostate Cancer Meeting. Prostate. 2014;74(3):314-320.
- Miyahira AK, Kissick HT, Bishop JL, et al. Beyond immune checkpoint blockade: new approaches to targeting host-tumor interactions in prostate cancer: report from the 2014 Coffey-Holden prostate cancer academy meeting. Prostate. 2015;75(4):337-347.
- Miyahira AK, Lang JM, Den RB, et al. Multidisciplinary intervention of early, lethal metastatic prostate cancer: report from the 2015 Coffey-Holden Prostate Cancer Academy Meeting. Prostate. 2016;76(2):125-139.
- Miyahira AK, Roychowdhury S, Goswami S, et al. Beyond seed and soil: understanding and targeting metastatic prostate cancer; report from the 2016 Coffey-Holden Prostate Cancer Academy Meeting. Prostate. 2017;77(2):123-144.
- Miyahira AK, Cheng HH, Abida W, et al. Beyond the androgen receptor II: new approaches to understanding and treating metastatic prostate cancer; report from the 2017 Coffey-Holden Prostate Cancer Academy Meeting. Prostate. 2017;77(15):1478-1488.